About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join a growing team. You will be responsible for supporting the people of DFSNZ by running a wide range of administrative and logistical processes. This role keeps the wheels turning and make life easier for our operational teams.
- Administration support for service delivery teams
- All reception and general office administration and support responsibilities such as travel and couriers
- The proper handling and administration of test samples, including the logistics and paperwork associated with them
- Having a lead role in either the anti-doping athletes Whereabouts system or the data entry requirements into the ADAMS anti-doping database
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work without direct supervision, and able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
They must have at least two-years’ experience in an administrative role and a high level of proficiency in the Microsoft office suite.
DFSNZ has a small team who are passionate about sport and proud of New Zealand, so the candidate will not be afraid to roll their sleeves up and be flexible to work collaboratively to deliver a clear and positive message that we are proud to protect the integrity of NZ sport both here and globally.
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV and Cover Letter via Seek
Applications close Monday 13th of September 2021 at 5pm.
Waikato Athlete Educator
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity in Waikato for a new Educator to join the DFSNZ field team. As an external contractor to DFSNZ, you will facilitate workshops and webinars to elite-level, national and development athletes and their support personnel. You will also facilitate values-based workshops in secondary and intermediate schools. You will facilitate content provided by DFSNZ and work on as-required basis. On occasion, you may also be asked to facilitate Outreach Programmes at various sports events. It will be preferred if the successful candidate can occasionally travel overnight to deliver workshops regionally.
As a contractor, you will be paid per workshop. On average, you will deliver 25 workshops per year.
Benefits and perks
This role provides the opportunity to educate athletes and support personnel and gain a unique insight into various sporting environments.
As a contractor, this role provides the freedom to incorporate this work around other commitments you may have.
Skills and experience
We are seeking a confident, personable individual who is current or recently retired athlete and has a passion for clean sport. You will need to have confidence to present to large audiences and the ability to engage with a wide range of athletes across a variety of settings. You will need to have flexibility to be available during the day, evenings and weekends as the work as ad-hoc.
- A current or recently retired athlete
- Live in Waikato
- Public speaking experience
- Available to work during the day, weekends and evenings as requested
- Passion for clean sport and anti-doping
- Hold a valid driver's licence and have access to your own vehicle
- Self-organisation and efficient communication skills
- Over 20 years of age
- Has initiative and ability to adapt methods of delivery to suit specific target audiences at short notice
- Experience working with youth, athletes and support personnel
- Previous experience in education.
Applications close 5pm Sunday August 8th. Please apply via Seek.