Clean athletes. Clean sport.
We work to achieve our vision - Clean athletes. Clean sport. - and our mission by focusing our resources on five strategic areas:
- Education: We share knowledge and information so that athletes, coaches, supporters and everyone in the sporting community understands the rules to complete cleanly in sport. Learn more about Education.
- Engagement: We cultivate relationships with athletes, coaches, communities and our stakeholders to inform, inspire and support an environment of clean sport in New Zealand.
- Intelligence and investigations: We encourage a culture in sport where everyone has the confidence to raise concerns about doping and where speaking out is championed. Learn about Speak Out.
- Advocacy: We assist clean Kiwi athletes by continuously advocating for high and consistent standards in anti-doping worldwide. We work with our peers in other national anti-doping organisations and also with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) to ensure that international athletes are held to the same high ethical standards as our Kiwi athletes.
- Testing: We test hundreds of athletes based in New Zealand and overseas every year. We also carry out testing on behalf of other anti-doping organisations. Learn about testing.
User-pays sample collection services
We provide sample collection services on a user-pays/contract basis for national sport organisations and anti-doping organisations such as international federations, major event organisations and other countries’ national anti-doping organisations. These drug testing services include the collection of urine and/or blood samples, out-of-competition or in-competition.
With more than 20 years of experience in anti-doping, DFSNZ has a well-established network of accredited doping control officers located around the country with broad experience in doping control, including at major international events. Our sample collection processes are fully compliant with the World Anti-Doping Code and the International Standard for Testing and Investigations.
Clients we have worked with include:
- Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI)
- World Rugby
- Fédération Internationale de Hockey (FIH)
- World Triathlon Corporation (WTC)
- International Triathlon Union (ITU)
- Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA)
- United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA)
For more information about sample collection or to request a quote, get in touch.